Tom Jenkins is the Managing Director at Dynamics Consultants. As well as having a strong product knowledge, his strategic knowledge of industry and the business landscape helps him to provide thought leadership to a range of vertical sectors.
Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2017 - What’s New?
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 New Features Announced
As Microsoft approved partners, our consultants are at Directions EMEA finding out all of the latest in the Dynamics world. The keynote speakers and Microsoft engineers presented a quick overview this morning of all of the new features of Dynamics NAV 2017, the next release for their business ERP software. Full details will be released as the week progresses, but for now here is an interesting overview.
The New Dynamics NAV 2017 Features
Enhanced outlook integration
- Create quotes within an email
- Create a contact from an email
- Update a job resource usage from a calendar entry
- Ability to add any of your published Power BI reports in the NAV dashboard irrespective of the data source
- Account categories and sub categories for improved reporting
- Ability to apply different saved report settings when running reports
- Item attributes added to item categories or individual items
- Brick view ... Contains pictures
- Incoming Documents ... OCR can now process lines ... Requires a subscription
Assisted setups - A number of wizards e.g. CRM integration
- Item availability now available in CRM integration
- CRM integration components now automatically uploaded to CRM.
- Setup Wizard for exchange integration
Improved CRM in NAV
Cortana Intelligence can be called from C\AL.
More Details on Dynamics NAV 2017
More details will be released via our blog over the next few days.
If you want to see all of the latest updates, why not come down to the Business Software Showcase where we will be showing off all the new features, with a keynote speaker from Microsoft.
I find their approach to our relationship very professional whilst being refreshingly realistic. We now consider them to be part of our teamLee Crowhurst, Technical Director