.Net Developer Vacancy in Hampshire
Who is Dynamics Consultants?
Dynamics Consultants is a dedicated, hardworking and fun-loving team of professionals specialising in the implementation, development and support of contemporary Microsoft business software solutions. With over 200 years of collective experience, we’re all about building business partnerships for our future together. These extend throughout our business — to our customers, our suppliers, and of course, you. We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to help strengthen our experienced team.
Join a thriving industry…
With cutting edge technology such as artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR), big data, cybersecurity and cloud computing exploding onto the business software scene, there couldn’t be a better time to be working at the forefront of the industry.
It’s not all work!
We also appreciate the importance of a work/life balance and making friends, not just colleagues, so, in addition to flexible working, we’ll be extending invites to our many social gatherings. A recent trip to Monkey World and our upcoming Games Night are all part of life here at Dynamics Consultants.
What does the role entail?
The work you’ll be doing, much like the technologies that you’ll be working with is varied. You’ll be developing across the whole stack, and a large part of your development work will be greenfield projects.
The primary responsibilities of the role will require you to:
- Design and Develop: You’ll frequently be responsible for designing and developing a variety of solutions ranging from web based solutions, to console applications, Windows Services and class libraries. The solutions may be stand alone or require integration with a wide variety of other applications or technologies.
- Extending Existing Solutions: Occasionally you’ll extend functionality for existing customer solutions. These will normally be C# based but could include ASP web forms or even a little bit of VB.Net.
- Supporting existing solutions: There are numerous customer specific and general product solutions. Occasionally, there may be issues that require support which can range from advice, to bug fixing and anything in between. You’ll need the ability analyse and resolve software issues.
- Mentoring: You’ll be responsible for mentoring junior developer(s), so you’ll need to be able to explain technologies, approaches and any pros and cons. In addition, you’ll need to identify areas for training and the relevant resources required.
- Coding Standards: Periodically, you’ll need to review the coding standards and amend as required. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that the standards are being adhered to.
- Version Control: You’ll be responsible for maintaining source code and ensuring that it is adequately version controlled. We have a large number of code repositories and use a simple GitFlow model so you’ll need to ensure that at the very least, this is being adhered to.
Core Competencies Required
- C# and .Net Framework
- MVC and Razor Views
- Entity Framework and LINQ
- SOAP services and XML/XSD
- SQL Server
- SOLID design principles and Gang of Four patterns
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Nop Commerce
- NET Core
- .Net Standard
What's in it for you?
As we are a Microsoft Partner, you’ll benefit from a Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise subscription for partners. This includes $100+ dollars of Azure credits every month so you’ll be able to develop your Azure related skills and knowledge alongside having access to a large library of Microsoft software.
As we use Azure Devops as a code repository but also to partially manage builds and deployments, you’ll also get the opportunity to hone your Devops skills and knowledge.
- Salary: A competitive salary (depending upon experience)
- Working hours 37.5 per week. Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm with half an hour for lunch (with some flexibility)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Closing Date: 29/03/19
I find their approach to our relationship very professional whilst being refreshingly realistic. We now consider them to be part of our teamLee Crowhurst, Technical Director