Microsoft Dynamics NAV/BC Developer
We are currently looking for a Microsoft Dynamics NAV / Business Central Developer to join our growing integral team to work on implementations, upgrades and functional changes of bespoke software for our clients both on premise and in the cloud.
You will use your software engineering and architecture skills to create innovative solutions that solve challenging client problems. If you love to code and are looking for an opportunity to learn, an opportunity to advance and an opportunity to be a part of something special, then this is the perfect role for you to showcase your knowledge and skills!
Who is Dynamics Consultants Ltd?
Dynamics Consultants Ltd is a dedicated, hardworking and fun-loving team of professionals specialising in the implementation, development and support of contemporary Microsoft business software solutions. With over 300 years of collective experience, we’re all about building business partnerships for our future together. These extend throughout our business — to our customers, our suppliers, and of course, you. We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to help strengthen our experienced team.
Why become part of the Development Team at Dynamics Consultants?
Join a thriving industry
With cutting edge technology such as artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR), big data, cybersecurity and cloud computing exploding onto the business software scene, there couldn’t be a better time to be working at the forefront of the industry. You will not only learn about the new technologies, but become an advocate of them whilst using them as part of your role.
Learn and thrive
Learn how to use a wide range of tools at a high level, either from internal training or from external courses. As a growing company, there are many opportunities for growth for hard working achievers. This is not just a nice idea; we have a structured mentoring scheme and appraisal process for all staff, to make sure that we achieve goals together.
It's not all work!
We also appreciate the importance of a work/life balance and making friends, not just colleagues, so, in addition to flexible working, we’ll be extending invites to our many social gatherings. Although of late, our team socials have been restricted to on-line events, such as escape rooms and quizzes, previous outings have included a trip to Monkey World, bowling, karting, summer BBQs and theatre nights.
What does the role entail?
The Role shall be reporting to the Development Manager.
- Working within the Development team to, design code structure, develop, test, support and maintain on premise and cloud based applications for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Business Central solutions
- Create fixes/patches for our clients ‘products where required
- Development of new client products both on premise and cloud based
- Provide go-live and post-implementation support
The successful candidate should have:
- 5 years coding/developing experience for Dynamics NAV/BC
- Expert knowledge of coding in both C/AL and AL
- BI implementation & development experience
- Knowledge of SQL and Transact-SQL
- Understanding of version control concepts
- Ability to break large development projects into smaller work items
- Ability to design a coding structure that is easy to maintain and expand
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot complex issues related to NAV/BC code
- Aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting technical problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic changing environment
- Ability to work within in a team or as an individual
- Organised with effective personal time management
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
Nice to have Skills
- Exposure to financial systems and methodologies
- A good understanding of business processes
What's in it for you?
- Salary: A competitive salary (depending upon experience and qualifications)
- Working hours: 37.5 per week. Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm with half an hour for lunch (with some flexibility)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Mentoring scheme
- Personalised training plan
I find their approach to our relationship very professional whilst being refreshingly realistic. We now consider them to be part of our teamTechnical Director, Bainbridge International